In Recover Quickly from Surgery, Dr. Girard adeptly outlines easy to follow protocols to enhance surgical outcomes and shorten recovery time by taking steps before surgery to reduce inflammation, accelerate healing times and reduce pain levels. Patients who are not having surgery have praised it for its insightful practice to maintaining a healthier lifestyle. Diet, supplementation, sleep, fitness, lifestyle choices, natural pain medication, detoxification are covered in this easy-to-read book.
This 2014 clinically-researched guide covers every aspect of preparing and recovering faster from surgery naturally with less pain and swelling. Learn effective natural pain management options that can assist you:
- in weaning off toxic and addictive pain medication sooner;
- in understanding which foods and supplements NOT to consume before surgery;
- in how to care for your incision and reduce scarring;
- in learning the Recover Quickly Diet and nutritional supplementation clinically shown to shorten recovery time;
- in learning how to reduce risks of infection and complications by enhancing your immune system prior to your surgery;
- with key questions for your surgeon before surgery;
- with the essential items to bring to the hospital;
- with how to detoxify from anesthesia;
- in learning meditative exercises to relax you before and after surgery;
- in managing the stress and emotions around surgery and much more.
A review of Recover Quickly From Surgery says:
"In Recover Quickly, Dr. Girard introduces the concept of “pre-hab” and how important it is to prepare your body and mind for the best results. The book shares many helpful do’s and don’ts, statistics about, and helpful protocols to make sure you’re well-prepared. It makes sense that lifestyle and attitude have a lot to do with how you approach surgery and how quickly you recover. Recover Quickly includes helpful suggestions such as: what to eat and drink, how to detox, what supplements and herbs to use, what treatments might be helpful .... and the importance of sleep.
It is reassuring to know that being conscious and following this book’s simple advice will increase the potential for less swelling, less pain, faster recovery, and lower risk of complications. It is empowering to know that there is a way to be pro-active and help the process at time of implied vulnerability. "
This is especially important for those considering cosmetic surgery.
You may purchase Recover Quickly at Dr. Girard's office as well as these venues:
Barnes and Noble:
Chaucer's Bookstore, Santa Barbara, CA