The use of cold laser therapy (LLLT) in my Santa Barbara chiropractic practice has been successful in reducing pain.
Often the pain reduction can be almost instantaneous. The positive effects remain and if an adjustment is also delivered during the treatment, pain levels may continue to decrease over the following days. Dr. Girard's patients have often experienced instantaneous results with treatment of wounds, bruises, foot injuries, Carpal Tunnel, knee and shoulder pain, fractures and low back pain. Often, pain, bruises and scars change during the course of the treatment.
What Do Cold Lasers Treat Best?
- Acute and chronic pain
- Ligament sprains
- Muscle strain
- Soft tissue injuries
- Tennis elbow
- Back pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Post surgerical tenderness and pain
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Knee injuries
- Baker's Cyst
Treatments are ususally one to fifteen minutes long and are a fantastic adjunct to a spinal or extremity adjustment. The goal of laser therapy is to deliver light energy units from infrared laser radiation, called photons, to damaged cells. The consensus of experts is that photons absorbed by the cells through laser therapy stimulate the mitochondria to accelerate production of ATP. This biochemical increase in cell energy is used to transform live cells from a state of illness to a stable, healthy state.
The Erchonia laser may be also used to treat acupuncture points, ear acupuncture points especially those related to a balanced nervous system. This light can be administered to joints, muscles, vertebra, tendons or sinuses to reduce inflammation. They are extremely safe with no side effects or pain. LLLT often reduces the need for medication, especially NSAID's.
How Does a Laser Work?
- Increased Cell Growth: Laser photons accelerates cellular reproduction and growth.
- Increased Metabolic Activity: Photons initiate a higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells and thus greater production of the basic food source for cells, Adenosine Tri-Phosphate (ATP).
- Faster Wound Healing: Cold laser photons stimulates fibroblast development and accelerates collagen synthesis in damaged tissue
- Anti-Inflammatory Action: Laser photons reduce swelling caused by bruising or inflammation of joints resulting in enhanced joint mobility.
- Increased Vascular Activity: Laser photons induce temporary vasodilation that increases blood flow to effected areas.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation:Laser photons reduce the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from: cuts, scratches, burns or post surgery.
- Stimulated Nerve Function: Laser photon exposure speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection to bring the numb areas back to life.
Read here for specific case studies to see if LLLT would benefit you.
Laser Treatment- $65
Treat one to two areas of complaint for wound healing, inflammation, pain, radicular pain, fractures.
Long Laser Treatment - $120
Administer prolonged treatment protocols to boost immunities, detox body, clear lymphatics, sinus, allergies, hormonal issues and more. Protocols for depression, sinus issues, fatigue and more.